(provide transportation for a patient)
Note: You may copy these directions and paste into a Word document, to print out if that would be more helpful.
First, Go to our website, www.houstongroundangels.org.
Once you are on the website:
1. Click on the VOLUNTEER tab at the top of the page. (If you use a mobile device, click on “Navigate To” and from the drop down menu, select “VOLUNTEER.”)
2. Under the Volunteer tab, click on Find a Mission.
3. You will see in the middle of the top of the page Mission Details Login.
4. Click on Login. Enter the Login ID and password that Mary sent to you. Click on the Login button right below.
5. On the next page, click on Available Missions, which will either be in the center of the page, or in a list on the left side of the screen.
6. Review the missions. If you see a mission that is convenient for you, click on the word Open, in the second column, to the left of your desired mission information. .
7. When the next page comes up, review the information, and then scroll down toward the bottom of the page. If you wish to receive an email reminder of your mission, click the box Send Me an Email.
8. If you want to provide any comments there is a place for that, near the bottom too.
9. VERY IMPORTANT. You must click on Submit Request in the lower right hand corner of the page. Failure to do so will result in your not being signed up for the mission.
The following information is also in the Volunteer Check List and in the Volunteer Handbook. It is here for your convenience.
10. Please call the patient and let them know you have accepted their mission so they will not sit and wonder. Talk to them about where you will meet, what your car looks like, what color hat or shirt they will have on or another way to identify each other, etc. Also, please give the patient your phone number so if anything changes, they will be able to call you or if they cannot find you at the pick-up location.
11. If it is four or five days before the mission, when you accept the mission, it might be good to check with the patient the day before, just to ensure all is on schedule. From time to time a patient’s treatment will change, so it is just good to check.
12. Also, please take a moment and read over the Volunteer Check List, which is also on the website, under the same tab: Volunteer. If provides Do’s and Don’ts that are most helpful and will allow you to have a more successful and enjoyable mission.
13. There will also be a Volunteer Handbook on the website, under the Volunteer tab within a few days of (12/6/15), also for your review.
If you have any questions, Mary will be able to assist you. Her phone number is 281-900-7377, or feel free to let me know 832.752.9645 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We simply cannot begin to thank you for taking a mission!